ENTRY INFORMATION & WILD CARDS
For a team to be classified as an International Team, each TEAM must:
• Not have lived in Australia for the past 2 years
• If travelling to Australia, must have completed 2 weeks mandatory quarantine prior to the event
• Have a letter of approval to participate from their National Federation
• Meet all FIVB Regulations regarding National Tour events
In principle, only 1 team per gender from any country other than from Oceania may be accepted into an ABVT event at the sole discretion of the TCC.
An Australian player wishing to play with an International player (combination team) will be classified as an International Team for team number purposes, however will not be recognised as representing any country.
A maximum of 2 International Wild Cards (IWC) will be issued for the Main Draw and an additional maximum of 4 IWC will be issued for the Qualifying Tournament per gender.
An International team wishing to apply for inclusion into an ABVT event, must complete their entry through that events system meeting all requirements. Along with the completed entry, a team must submit a letter to email@example.com including details on the most recent playing
experience, any national or international results, a clearance from the relevant National Federation and any other relevant information to support the team’s inclusion.
In the case where there are more Wild Card applications than available places, a Wild Card Selection Committee (WCSC) may be created and at their sole discretion, will decide all Wild Cards. The WCSC will be comprised of:
• Volleyball Australia CEO – representing the commercial and political interests of the ABVT & VA
• Volleyball Australia National Performance Director – representing the High Performance and Development opportunities for VA athletes
• ABVT Tournament Director – representing the State Tours, the Tour itself and the operational deliverables of the ABVT
Any person of the WCSC has the right to nominate a different representative as they deem necessary.
In the event that less Wild Cards (AWC or IWC) are offered than positions available, the next highest ranked Australian team/s will be promoted from the Qualifying Tournament to the Main Draw.
Entry into all ABVT events will close 28 days prior to the 1st competition day for
International Teams (including teams comprising of 1 x Australian player and 1 x International player) and 21 days prior to the 1st competition day for Australian Teams unless advertised otherwise.
International teams entered will be notified of their entry (successful or not) 21 days prior to the 1st competition day to an event.